Gourmet SF: Hayes Valley
- 3 hour walking tour of San Francisco's Hayes Valley
- Fridays and Sundays at 2:00pm, Thursdays at 11am in summer
- Flat route, less than a mile, with time to sit
- 8 stops, with tastings at each (enough food for lunch!)
- Tour limited to 12 people, advance tickets required
- Begins at Patricia's Green, ends at Octavia and Fell (10 minutes or less from downtown SF)
- $70 (+ $1 ticket fee) per person
Hungry for an off-the-beaten path San Francisco gourmet food experience? Join us as we explore one of the city's trendy and exciting new neighborhoods, Hayes Valley. We will share what's hot in the San Francisco food scene as we visit specialty shops and restaurants that are proud of their commitment to the very best local and sustainable ingredients. As you compare gourmet cheeses, participate in a tea tasting and indulge your sweet tooth, you'll gain an appreciation for a distinct neighborhood that most tourists never see.
We'll stroll past elegant Victorians, food trucks, street art and an urban farm as you learn about the history of Hayes Valley. You'll taste and chat with other food-loving guests, and leave the tour with a host of restaurant recommendations for your next trip to Hayes Valley.
NOTE: Customers must be over 21 and bring valid id for the Sunday tour only.
- California cheeses and sourdough bread in a serene garden setting
- 5 Spice Chicken Vietnamese sandwiches
- Assorted Mediterranean “mezze” and fresh baked pita bread
- Parisian macarons, dubbed by food writers as “the next cupcake”
- Artisanal salumi and bread from the “first couple of charcuterie”
- Gourmet olive oils and vinegars from a store dedicated to the flavors and culture of Spain
- Ice cream made before your eyes by liquid nitrogen
- Gourmet beverage: Chinese tea tasting (midweek) and local craft beer (Sundays)
We will also visit the first dedicated sake boutique in America (no tasting here), with over 220 beautiful Japanese sakes in stock.
Tastings subject to change without notice. Most dietary restrictions can be accommodated.