Gourmet SF: Hayes Valley
- 3 hour walking tour of San Francisco's Hayes Valley
- Fridays and Sundays at 2:00pm
- Flat route, less than a mile, with time to sit
- 8 stops, with tastings at each (enough food for lunch!)
- Tour limited to 12 people, advance tickets required
- Begins at Patricia's Green, ends at Octavia and Fell (10 minutes or less from downtown SF)
- $70 (+ $1 ticket fee) per person
Hungry for an off-the-beaten path San Francisco gourmet food experience? Join us as we explore one of the city's trendy and exciting new neighborhoods, Hayes Valley. We will share what's hot in the San Francisco food scene as we visit specialty shops and restaurants that are proud of their commitment to the very best local and sustainable ingredients. As you compare gourmet cheeses, participate in a craft beer tasting and indulge your sweet tooth, you'll gain an appreciation for a distinct neighborhood that most tourists never see.
We'll stroll past elegant Victorians, food trucks and street art as you learn about the history of Hayes Valley. You'll taste and chat with other food-loving guests, and leave the tour with a host of restaurant recommendations for your next trip to Hayes Valley.
- Seasonal ice cream made before your eyes by liquid nitrogen
- Artisanal salumi and bread from the “first couple of charcuterie”
- House made hummus, falafel, baba ganoush and fresh baked pita bread
- Authentic and fresh Vietnamese (Banh Mi) sandwiches from an elegant café
- Gingerbread cupcakes, voted “Best Cupcake in America” by Food Network.
- Parisian macaron, tasting from charming French boutique
- Local craft beer tasting (or wine) from a Jazz era inspired restaurant and brewpub.
- Gourmet cheese and olive oil from a Spanish gourmet food shop (midweek) or cheese with wine from a French garden café (Sundays)
Tastings subject to change without notice. Most dietary restrictions can be accommodated.