The San Francisco Gourmet Chocolate Tour
- 3 hour walking tour from San Francisco waterfront to Union Square
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 10:30 am (no Mondays in Winter)
- Saturdays at 2 pm (and sometimes 11 am)
- Flat route, 1 ½ miles long, one seated stop
- 7 stops with generous tastings at each (you'll have goodies for later!)
- Tour limited to 14 people, advance tickets required
- Begins at Justin Herman Plaza, ends at Westfield Centre
- $53 (+ $1 ticket fee) per person
Do you love fine chocolate? You have come to the right city, because San Francisco is at the center of the new wave of artisan chocolatiers. They're experimenting with high quality beans, new methods of production, exotic fillings and breathtaking packaging. On this tour you will learn about what makes fine chocolate and sample from a wide array of San Francisco gourmet chocolate boutiques. Your chocolate obsessed guide will fill you in on the history of chocolate, its health benefits and all the latest trends. All while strolling through San Francisco's historic waterfront area, where Ghirardelli first set up shop during the Gold Rush.
All guests will receive a Chocolate Lover Card entitling you to discounts and VIP treatment at 10 different San Francisco chocolate boutiques.
(Lots and lots of samples — more than you can finish!)
- Infused chocolatesfrom a beloved local chocolatier who showcases fresh, farmer's markets ingredients
- Award-winning unshelled truffles from a small, ground-breaking local chocolatier
- Blind chocolate bar tasting at a specialty newsstand that carries 225 different bars from 15 different countries
- Champagne truffles by Oprah's favorite Swiss chocolatier
- Hot chocolate, assorted chocolate bars, and delectable brownies from a modern Belgian chocolate maker
- Unique ganaches from a chocolateria showcasing exceptional chocolates from small, family-owned makers around the world
- Gorgeous chocolates from an East Bay chocolatier dedicated to using the best ingredients on the planet.
Tastings subject to change without notice. Most dietary restrictions can be accommodated.