Gourmet SF: NoPa/Alamo Square
- Tour will resume Saturdays 2pm in April 2014
- 3 hour walking tour of San Francisco’s NoPa/Alamo Square neighborhood
- Alternate Saturdays at 2:00 pm
- Mostly flat route (one hill), about 1 mile long, with limited seating
- Tour limited to 12 people, advance tickets required
- 8 stops, with tastings at each (enough food for lunch!)
- Begins at Panhandle (Baker & Fell), 15 minutes from downtown and close to Golden Gate Park
- $70 (+ $1 ticket fee)per person
NoPa/Alamo Square is San Francisco’s up-and-coming neighborhood, boasting exciting new grocery stores and bakeries alongside panoramic views of downtown. NoPa stands for North of Panhandle, and we will stroll past the Panhandle Park as well as Alamo Square for a picture postcard shot of the Painted Ladies.
You’ll learn about the history of Divisadero Street while peeking into art galleries, hip boutiques and wine bars that make NoPa a new destination. Easily accessible by bus and MUNI, this neighborhood is a perfect stopover en route to Golden Gate Park, the DeYoung Museum and Cal Academy of Science.
- Thin-crust white pizza with roasted zucchini, feta and tomato
- New Mexican tamale hand pies with organic yellow corn crust
- Sustainable fish taco with ancho chile sauce and oranges
- Gourmet focaccia and California cheese
- Fresh baked whole wheat bread, from flour milled on site
- Salted Caramel ice cream from SF’s favorite creamery
- Oatmeal raisin cookies, “Top 10 Cookie in SF”
- Premium sake tasting
Tastings subject to change without notice. Many dietary restrictions can be accommodated.